Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mission Impossible: Coimbatore to SAM Day - 0

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Road Trip from Coimbatore to SAM Jaialmer Rajasthan

Our very first road Trip of 3334 in 15 days called "A FIAT Love Story" we did from 20.12.2008 to 03.01.2010 starting from Coimbatore to Gokak Falls in Karnataka was just marvelous and it has given me a lot of learning to embark upon a more challenging trip this year December 2009 - January 2010.

I am calling it as Mission Impossible as it really is a major challenge for Man & Machine with 1 driver 1 lady who enjoys travelling & 2 very small kids.

Finally the D-Day has come for me to put my sails up & fly away for a long trip that I planned in October 2009 and been working on it ever since till now. After take 1, take 2, take 3, take 4 finally the FINAL Plan is in place.

I believe this time too YES I CAN DO IT. The only major challenge is it gives me too less time in every place. So it is like quick dash to one place & quick move on to another.

This trip was from originally planned from Coimbatore to Kathmandu NEPAL.

In all the onward journey from CBE to Kathmandu is 3270 kms & return is 3730 kms making it a full 7000 kms trip planning to end on 5th January 2010. There is a buffer for contigency of 2 days in worst case scenario.

I am officially starting my journey on 22nd December 2009 afternoon from Coimbatore to Kathmandu.

Earlier I had planned an anti clockwise tour of India but thanks to the present situation in AP due to disturbances I have to now plan my visit in the clock wise direction.

I hope & pray I will be able to make this trip safely end to end.

The onward Trip Route in brief is (3270 Kms)
Coimbatore to Bangalore
Bangalore to Pune
Pune to Nasik
Nasik to Omkareshwar
Omkareshwar to Jhansi via Ujjain, Dewas & Shivpuri
Jhansi to Gorakhpur via Lucknow
Gorakhpur to Kathmandu

Return Trip Route will be (3730 Kms)
Kathmandu to Gorakhpur
Gorakpur to Varanasi
Varanasi to Kolkatta
Kolkatta to Bhuwaneshwar
Bhuwaneshwar to Vishakpatnak
Vishakpatnam to Vijaywada Guntur
Guntur to Srisailam
Srisailam to Bangalore via Kurnool
Bangalore to Coimbatore

TOTAL Guess what exactly 7000 kms!!!!!

Start Date: 22.12.2009 End Date: 05.01.2010

After we passed Dharwad City in Karnataka & met my childhood friend we came to know that there is a serious issue in Nepal with lots of Political disturbance with Armed forces & Maoists and scenario of change in Govt etc.

Our return trip was via the State of Andhra Pradesh which was having disturbace with Telengana problem so we decided to change our planned Nepal visit & instead we decided to go to Rajasthan.

The entire blog with more details & phoos will be ready shortly by November 2011. Sorry for the delay as I am tied up and need some time to complete this. I can assure you it will be worth the wait once you see when it is fully ready. 

Keep a book mark of this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment